There are an OUTRAGEOUS amount of “National _____ Months”. It seems like you can present any idea and turn it into a NATIONAL day or month. So sometimes it is hard to choose one to write about, endorse, etc.
But one month that EVERYONE can relate to was celebrated during the month of January…
National Mentoring Month.
Mentors come in all shapes and sizes. All different walks of life. Some people may be your mentor and not even KNOW it (thank you Twitter).
I know that I would not be here without the help of many mentors:
1) Parents (duh.. they freakin’ taught me how to walk.)
2) Every teacher (even if I didn’t like you, you taught me how to deal with it and get work done.)
3) Dr. Peter Mikek – my advisor in college. Also, I minored IN MIKEK (took 5 of his Econ classes at Wabash.)
4) Frank Hagaman. My boss at my first internship. Always there if I needed an ear.
5) All the people at the 500 Festival. That spring internship was one of the best times of my life.
7) So many others.